Thursday, July 4, 2013

Barbie's Body Proportions

















I find it odd that some people are obsessed with Barbie's body proportions.
When I was a girl I loved my Barbies, and I knew they were dolls. I didn't
expect to look like her when I grew up.

Barbie is a beautiful doll and a positive role model. Barbie is smart, pretty, and
caring. She's been an astronaut, doctor, baby sitter, teacher, and a hair stylist, etc.
She can be anything she wants to be and that's a positive message. I don't care if
Barbie's body proportions aren't realistic. She's a doll. There are hundreds of un-
realistic looking toys on the market.

If a boy wants to play with a Spider-Man toy does that mean he wants to be a
spider? If so, any girl playing with Barbie must want to grow up and be plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment