Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My Friend's Dress

















When I decided to get married, a friend of mine offered to lend me her
wedding dress. After the wedding, I had the dress dry cleaned, and when
I got it back it was in bad shape. It looked tattered. Some of the threads
were loose and a lot of the beads were missing. When I saw the dress all
I could do was cry. I was upset at the dry cleaner and I felt guilty, because
it wasn't my dress.

I took the dress back to the dry cleaner, and I had them repair it. Once the
repairs were made, the dress looked perfect. No one would've ever known
that the dress had been damaged. Now I was confused again. Should I tell
my friend what happened, or should I pretend that it didn't happen? I had
to tell her. I knew my guilt would remain until I was honest with her, but I
was afraid that this situation would end our friendship. When I told her
what happened (as tears ran down my face) she hugged me and said it
was OK. Being honest with her only made our friendship stronger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment