Friday, June 7, 2013

When You Move Out...















When I got married and moved out, I had no idea that a couple of my financial
decisions were so wrong.

The good thing was my husband and I had saved $8,000 for a house, but I wish
we would have moved into an apartment and put that $8,000 in the bank. We
would've been a lot better off.  When something needed to be fixed we could've
paid for it with no problem.

We started our marriage with two broke-down cars. Every other week one of our
cars were in the shop. We paid for our cars to be repaired by credit card.

Speaking of credit cards...I wish I would have never gotten one. A credit card is
like a trap for someone without sufficient funds. In the beginning I thought I could
pay for all of my purchases easily, but it didn't happen that way. I charged $2,000
of our wedding expenses. I charged our broke-down cars to the card. Before I
knew it I couldn't pay it down, so I transferred the balance to another card, then
another card, then another card. At one time I had seven credit cards! Right before
I closed my accounts I had been charging groceries and gas every week. I finally
decided to stop using credit cards.

When you move out try to have thousands of dollars saved, then you won't feel
the need to use credit cards for survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment