Monday, November 2, 2015

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, and The Tooth Fairy










Even though it's only November, I can't help but think about December. And
December has me thinking about all of the imaginary things and people that
parents often lie to their children about. I decided that I wouldn't lie to my
children about the various creations that have been passed down from gen-
eration to generation, because I'll never forget the feeling when I found out
that Santa Claus wasn't real.

I was about ten years old when my sister and I were trying to open a door.
We could normally open this door with no problem, so we pushed on it
several times until finally it opened. We saw our Barbie houses that we had
asked Santa for, but it wasn't Christmas yet, and that's how I found out Santa
wasn't real. After that, I felt a bit of sadness and confusion, so that day I de-
cided if I ever had children I wasn't going to lie to them about Santa Claus,
The Easter Bunny, or even The Tooth Fairy.

Parents don't need these pretend beings for their children. If your kids have
been good...buy them gifts...give them candy. And go ahead and pay them
for every tooth they lose if you want to. Your children will turn out just fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment